Saturday, January 31, 2009

WINTER RECREATION.
Ah, yes - time for winter sports. Now, when I was a bit younger that meant a reckless romp in the fresh powdery snow or a long leisurely walk in the woods at Shackford head. I also thoroughly enjoyed facing the gale when I would go to the corner or the driveway during a Nor'easter, plant my feet firmly and lift my majestic head directly into the wind. It was delicious. The scents that came crashing in on me were momentarily overwhelming and I loved to feel the icy chill on my nose while my ear were waving in the gust like little black and white pennants.
I still like kicking powdery snow and I can face a good gale now and again, but my new favorite winter activity is snoozing with Daddy David in the afternoon in the bright sunny bedroom. Yeah! Good times.

No comments: