Sunday, May 11, 2008

MY COUSIN, JEWEL
I am feeling so much better that it is time to blog about something other than my health. When I went to the vet on Friday, Dr. Teer found my blood counts were stabilizing and increased my dosage of pain medication which was a really big boon - my pain is much decreased and I feel a little euphoric - h-m-m-m!
Anyway, I discovered my Aunt JoAnne is coming to visit me soon and she was not happy that her baby, Jewel was not mentioned in my ramblings.
Look to the left, here she is - my beautiful cousin, Jewel. She is a lovely white German Shepherd and spoiled and pampered just as much as I am. Before she moved to Las Vegas, Jewel lived two houses away from me in Florida and we went for walks together and visited each other all the time. I love my cousin but I must admit she is high maintenance. She always wants to be alpha and does not accept the realization that her mommy MUST be alpha. She is a bit of a control freak and has occasionally snapped and shouted at me. Of course, once I did hide one of her toys in my mouth while visiting and walked home with it. Daddy Thom caught me and the item had to be returned. Oh well, I was young and I tried.
I always liked Jewel, although I am not quite sure she was so crazy about me. She did learn to tolerate and accept me. Perhaps the problem is in the fact that we both are high maintenance royalty with out own private staff and therefore naturally have a bit of competition going on between us. Are our personalities kind of like our staff - the real cousins??






No comments: