Tuesday, May 6, 2008

THINGS ARE LOOKING UP.
I had a few rough nights over the weekend especially on Saturday - lot of pain and I could not settle down and get comfortable despite all the fussing and attention given to me by the staff. I couldn't take any of my pain medicine as that may be what caused my trouble in the first place. Finally Daddy Thom decided to cover me with an nice white throw. I still shivered a while and then all of a sudden, I dozed off. I wasn't cold; I think the blanket was just the bit of security I needed.
Sunday was better and Monday was the big turn-around. I went to see Dr. Teer for my blood work and I felt great. My legs and hips were still a bit sore and stiff, but that "sick" internal feeling was gone. Dr. Teer gave me a script for some pain medicine that won't harm me and I had a wonderful night - slept like a puppy. This morning I greeted the day from the balcony and checked out my territory. Then I had a big breakfast of liver and rice (with a bit of my prescription dog food sneaked in.) I knew it was there, but ate it anyway.
Now I am napping in the sun in the dinning room. It is a beautiful sunny day and the furnace is off and the doors are open. I just had another pain pill and I feel great!
Later this afternoon I'll have another nap with Daddy Thom - What a life - Eh?

2 comments:

GraniFrani said...

Duncan
I am so happy to hear that you are feeling better and that the medical staff was so good to you. How scary... for all of us. Welcome back. You take care of yourself and try to take it easy for a while. Love you
Aunt Frani

Bits Of Me said...

Thank you, Aunt Frani - Thom and David take good care of me and spoil me rotten. When My legs are tired, Thom carries me upstairs and I weigh 60 pounds.