Sunday, April 13, 2008

Blossom Again.
You have met my friend, Blossom before. I found some pictures my Daddy took of her and thought I would share them with you.
Now, I realize a lot of us canines have some peculiar and idiosyncratic habits and nuances like rolling in dead fish at the shore chewing up tissues or newspaper just for the fun of it; but I find Blossom's past time a unique one. She eats ants. Her Mom allows it and it has no ill effect on Blossom. It just doesn't seem too appetizing to me, but to each his own. Blossom has several methods to her art that I have observed; perhaps there are more that are secret or personal. My favorite is when she stalks her tiny prey. I am a fan of stalking myself and would dearly to surprise an unaware cat. Blossoms prey may be small, but her eyesight is good and she is a successful huntress. The other method I enjoy is what I call her "lazy princess" mode. She just lolls in the sun on her deck and watches the small critters crawl about - sometimes they even get on her paws. Then, with a sidelong glance and a quick lash of her pink tongue a partial colony becomes an afternoon snack. Could there be a cuter pest controller?

No comments: