Thursday, April 17, 2008

More Extended Canine Family.
This is my friend, Mikey, who live a few doors South of me. His Mommy's name is Lynn and she is a good friend of ours. Mikey goes for a walk everyday and usually passes my house. We usually bark a greeting to each other.
Mikey likes to bark at cars and tries to chase them. Of course, this is not permitted - a safety issue you understand. But - I must admit I had to give it a try myself. First barking at a truck moving too fast up MY STREET. Serves the driver right - he must be cautioned as to the rules of behavior in my territory. Then I made an error - as I barked I tried to run after a car. Whoops - the choke collar is still there although never applied till now. This definitely was not going to be accepted. My staff suddenly became my daddies again and I got the message. I still grumble at cars occasionally and sometimes I give them an angry shout - no more attempting to chase them. The staff is ever on alert.

No comments: